Monday, September 8, 2008

From the "Pastor's Desk"...

So I am sitting in the office on a Monday night...my ordination was on Saturday. It was so much fun, and so filled with blessings. A good friend of mine preached, and I was so glad that Darin could be a part of the day...he helped me survive internship, and will, I hope, be a colleague of mine for many years to come.

But today? Today I am sitting here and just feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all. I am excited to have made it to this point, but also just feeling like I don't know where to start, since there are so many things on my plate right now.

I am excited to see the work that God can do through me here at Saint Mark's. I am excited to see how God continues to have hands and feet through the people here. They are amazing, and I am excited to be a part of it.

For now, I am reminded of the prayer of Saint Francis...Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;where there is hatred, let me sow love;where there is injury, pardon;where there is doubt, faith;where there is despair, hope;where there is darkness, light;and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;to be understood, as to understand;to be loved, as to love;for it is in giving that we receive,it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

And in addition to that, my own prayer adds this...In the fear I am feeling, just use it for your glory. For you God, work all things for good.

Amen...and Amen.

~Amy <><

1 comment:

Mary Hess said...

I'm glad you're blogging! Please know that you're in our thoughts and prayers. Maybe you could take your loneliness as a spur to get out and about and see what you can learn locally. Volunteer at a school, sing at an elder center, think creatively about ways to be present not in your role as pastor, but simply as a Christian. And hang in there!