Sunday, September 21, 2008

These people are amazing...

So today was my first Sunday back at church after being in the hospital last week, and I must say, this congregation and their compassion continue to amaze me. They were so concerned, and so excited to have me back, and I am excited to be back at work too. We will see what the doctor has to say tomorrow...about whether or not the kidney stone has passed...but for now, the people of this congregation have restored my courage, and my hope that each day I am getting better, and I am in a place where I am incredibly loved.

Peace to y'all!
Amy <><

1 comment:

Pastor Eric said...

It's a great feeling indeed...knowing that a congregation is behind you and praying for you. When my grandma died earlier this year I was blown away by the flood of cards that came in showing their support. It is nice to know that the people in our congregations remember that sometimes the pastor need pastoral care.