Thursday, September 18, 2008

This too shall pass...

For those of you who do not know, this past week has been filled with the adventure of getting to know the medical facilities in Aurora. I ended up calling for an ambulance on Saturday morning about 2 am because of severe pain in my back, was rushed to the ER, and admitted to the hospital about 2 hours later with a diagnosis of a kidney stone. I was in White Community Hospital for 2 days, and now am at home, still not feeling that great, waiting for the stone to pass.

My mom came up while I was in the hospital, and I was reminded what a blessing she is in my life, and what an amazing care giver she is as well.

Hearing far too many horror stories of kidney stones, and the procedure that I might have to have done this coming week if it doesn't pass, I am praying that it will, and praying for patience as well. I am doing my best to
still find ways to get done what needs to get done, and not over do at the same time.

So here's the thing I have been wondering...it is my experience that tough health stuff tends to happen in my life for a reason...either to help me be more compassionate to others, to strengthen my ministry to families going through similar challenges, etc. I think this may be to teach me to be more patient and depend more on the Lord...

But here is what I am contemplating...does God let this happen so that we can learn the lessons we need to? Or does God work through the challenges to teach us the lessons?

Maybe that sounds the same to you, but I was just wondering. Needless to say, it has been a roller coaster. For now, I must head home. I am feeling a bit dizzy/nauseated at the moment.

Thanks for reading...hope I have better news to post soon!

Peace,
Amy <><

No comments: