Monday, January 12, 2009

My first Christmas...

So I looked at my blog today, and realized that it had been FOREVER since I have written last! Crazy how that happens! December was a busy month at church, but it was wonderful as well. We had the Sunday School Christmas program on Dec. 21 which was a ton of fun, as we used puppets for some of the characters. (My favorite moments was when the 3rd Wisemen, who was a puppet was carried to the front of the church by the scruff of his neck!!)

Christmas Eve brought quite a few folks to our two different worship services. After talking to other pastors in the area, it sounds like our numbers were pretty good. so that is great. The 4:00 service was a children's service, where we talked through the story using a nativity scene. The 10:00 was more contemplative with communion. Both were a LOT of fun.

It was about -18 on Christmas Eve, so lighting the 100 luminaries was chilly, but we got it done, and it was beautiful!

Now we are getting ready for our annual meeting, and things are busy, busy, busy. I must say I am excited to go down to convocation at Luther and reconnect with old friends.

I hope you are all doing well in your ministry. If you get a chance, share your favorite part of Christmas this year!

Grace and peace to y'all!
Amy <><

No comments: