Thursday, August 28, 2008

Listening to the clock chime...

I am sitting in my office, and the clock just chimed here at my church where I will soon be ordained and officially become "Pastor Amy". It is an overwhelming moment, filled with excitement and fear. I just finished moving my predecessors files, etc into boxes so that the office would be as I hope to have it...and as I moved his things, I thought about all the wonderful ministry that has happened here over the years. Our church has been through some hard times and some wonderful times, and it is somewhat overwhelming as I sit at the beginning of this journey to think what the next pastor will find when they move into this office. I pray that the church will be a blessing for years to come, and that God can use me to minister to these people and this community...for they surely are already ministering to me!

The clock that chimed reminded me that God is in all things...through the ups and downs of this adventure of ministry...God watches over it all, and I am so thankful.

"Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever."

Praise be to God!
Amy <><

No comments: