Monday, March 15, 2010

A Glimpse of the Shut-In Life

After spending 8+ hours in the ER late Friday night, early Saturday morning, I have spent the following 2 days (except for leaving to lead worship!) in my house. I am doing much better, but am still having some abdominal pain, and am completely exhausted. Last night I was just so sick of laying here that I got in my car and drove to Virginia, only to get completely sick, and feel as though I am paying for that adventure this morning!



And I realized that I have been getting a glimpse into what a shut-in's life is like. I am so tired of these walls, feeling hemmed in, and it has only been 48 hours. What must that feel like to never leave the house? My heart goes out to these people as they live the rest of their lives in their houses or nursings homes...only getting out to go to the dr. or the hospital.



I am going to work today, taking it slowly, but filled with the blessing of knowing that though I have to take it slow today, at least I can go to work. Thanks be to God for the blessings He gives us, and for sometimes slowing us down enough to remember them!



Peace,

Pastor Amy

1 comment:

Mary Hess said...

You're in my prayers -- I hope you're feeling better!