Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Appreciating my flock...

So as I sit on my last day of vacation, in Bellingham, Washington, I can't help but think that there really should be a congregation appreciation day. I have been reminded this past week of just how amazing the people at my little church on the Iron Range are, and how very blessed I am to be their pastor.

I get to do ministry alongside people who have knowledge of hard times and tough love, beside people who understand what it is to love the land and celebrate their heritage.

I am blessed to be able to have a congregation who lets me try, fail, and try again, and I am constantly amazed at the amount of love that pours through the people that walk in that door.

So I can't help but wish there was a creative way to appreciate them. To let them know how much I admire their tenacity during hard times, their compassion for each other, and their love for the Lord and the land they live on.

Any ideas on how I might make that happen all you out their in the blogosphere?!?!

Let me know!

Peace,
Pastor Amy <><

No comments: