Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Waiting on God...and Pondering his Plan

Well my friends, I write to you this morning, thankful for the beauty that surrounds me (it is a glorious day up here in "God's Country"), but also admittidly stressed out about what is going on in the world of my life and my congregation.

We received word yesterday that another 280 people were layed off at one of the local mines, and members of my congregation were yet again in the mix. Then, as I was driving home last night, my car started having issues again.

And it just made me think...how much I need to wait on God and see what his plan is for this time and place I am in. How much I need to trust that all things work for good through him. And just how hard that can really be.

My dad had surgery yesterday, my "fake" grandma had surgery the day before...and now this stuff. It just makes one wonder what God has in store. It doesn't make me question if God is working...because I KNOW that God is working. I just wonder what he has planned, ya know?

Anyway, dear friends of mine...what do you do when you are waiting on the Lord? Do you have favorite verses you read to remind you of God's promises? Music you listen to? People you talk to?

I pray that you are each able to see all the ways God is blessing you today.

Grace and peace,
Amy <><

No comments: