Saturday, February 21, 2009

From Epiphany to Lent..

I am sitting at Big Timber Coffee Company as I write this latest blog entry, contemplating the transition from Epiphany to Lent. It is interesting that Transfiguration Sunday is the transition...with the suggestion made to build dwellings on the mountain top and stay there. Part of me wants to stay in Epiphany too...to just enjoy getting to know Jesus through the eyes of others...to not have to transition to the place where Jesus goes through such trials and hangs on a cross for me (and for you).

But in my growing in my faith, and the older I get, the more I am starting to like Lent. It is a time for me to reflect on my own life, and my own relationship with Jesus. It adds another worship service to the week, which I actually love. I have been doing some experimenting with praying the "hours" (as some monastaries do, etc), and truly love spending more time focusing in on my time with God, and where God is calling me/who God is calling me to be.

I know that feeling of wanting to stay up on the mountain top....but without the valleys (the challenging times of our lives, the questioning in our faith, etc), we wouldn't be nearly as able to celebrate the true joy that is found in the resurrection.

It is my hope as you enter this Lenten season that you too can have time to spend with Jesus...and that you can know in a deeper way just how much God loves you!

Peace,
Pastor Amy <><

No comments: