Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Gift of Having Parents Who are Pastors.

I made it through surgery my friends, and now am trying to be back at work. Because surgery was on Friday afternoon, try as I might, I just was not able to do the entire service on Sunday...which meant my Dad, who is also a pastor filled in for me. My Mom, who is a pastor too (nothing like keeping it in the family!), preached while I was in the hospital two weeks ago. One of my parishoner's joked that when they called me, they didn't realize that they were getting the whole troop! :)

Being a double pastors' kid has had its ups and downs, but I must say after these last three weeks, that I was a double pk for a reason!

For now I am trying to keep smiling and keep working. I am hopeful that the pain I am feeling will get less with each day, and that once I get the stint removed, I will be a bit more back to "normal".

Thanks f0r your thoughts and prayers. I will write again soon.

Grace and peace,
Amy <><

No comments: